Thursday, May 14, 2009

another day too soon.

There are many things in this world that does not seem right to anyone of us.
Likewise in love and friendship.
Puppy love comes and goes, but true love is eternal.
The same applies in friendship.
Thats why, love and friendship are inseparable.
Because in the end.

we all need each other.




My BFF WROTE <3333>
I found it! I wrote an essay about Cynthia as my entree essay for some high school in the States when I was 14. I forgot what's the high school name. Whatever.


God created us in all different sizes and colors but many often judge others by the way they look, their fashion style, their skin color and their body size. Some even use harsh words on others. Why can we not comply the idiomatic expression ' do not judge the book by it's cover ' into our daily lives ? One of the people that had made understand the idiom is one of my best friends, Cynthia Mary Thomas. Cynthia is a little plump and is an Indian but she was never upset with the way she look.

I got to know of Cynthia at approximately two years ago when I first entreed secondary school at SMK Convent Klang. I did not notice her existence as I buried myself with worries about what was going to happen in the future. Before I knew it, she stood in front of me and my friends and introduced herself. I was amazed by how well she could approach people and made a humerous introduction of herself. Although she was dark as she was an Indian and plump, she never bear in mind the things that people speak ill of her.

I hardly talk to anyone in the class as I was bad in socializing. Cynthia on the other hand was very good in socializing with others. She approached me again several days after she introduced herself and we started talking about many other things. As days goes by, our friendship grew stronger. Little did I know that we have a lot in common although we look nothing alike. I finally felt accepted as I had only a hand full of friends back when I was in primary school. Many backstabbed and hurt my feelings.Soon, I spend a lot of time with Cynthia and realised that she was one true friend. Several weeks after we met each other, we became very close friends.

We spend time playing basketball together and we often laugh as she was a little short to play basketball. Despite that, we enjoyed our time practising our basketball skills together. We also talk a lot about things happening around us and also share secrets. The race barrier was broken and we became best friends. We talk on the phone for hours and laugh at each other's silly jokes. In the recent months we even visit each other's house and spend time with each other's family. That really help to build our friendship on solid rocks.

Cynthia who is cheerful, helpful, friendly, kind, caring and also a great friend was one of the most important people in my life. She helped me when I was down and when I was sick. She carried my bag although she was already carrying her own heavy bag. Her shoulder hurt after that but did not blame me but instead she prayed that I would recover soon. She would do what ever it takes to help me even if it was out of her way. I really appriciated her help and I am grateful that she is always around when I needed someone to depend on.

With God's grace, I hope that we will keep in touch no matter how far apart we would be in future. Indeed first impression are ever lasting impression but once you get to know better, you may see a totally different person than what you expected them to be. Therefore, do not judge a book by it it's cover.